Thursday, October 28, 2004

Interesting stat

For the first time in a while (that I've noticed, anyway), Bush is ahead or tied in all the polls. Which polls do I mean? Rassmussen, Zogby, TIPP, ABC/Washington Post, ICR, LA Times (the one tie), Gallup, Battleground, Newsweek, Time.

Still, I wouldn't read too much into it. First, almost all the polls are "statistical" ties. Second, let's assume it means Bush has a 2% or 3% lead: 1) There certainly could be a last-second undecided rush to the challenger. 2) A close lead means turnout counts, and no one knows yet who that favors. 3) If the lead narrows, it'll come down to the battleground states, and the data there is, presently, not that promising for Bush. (In the key state of Ohio, the Democrat lawyers so far seem to be beating the Republican lawyers.)

Pajama Guy adds: Surely if these polls mean anything, the fact they're all lining up in the same direction means something.

Chicago Guy Responds: I don't see a last-second rush to Kerry. As a Republican operative I know told me (believe it or not, I know one and he will actually speak to me), "If you don't hate Bush by now, it's not going to happen in the next few days."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter