Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Gloom

I was talking to a few friends of different political persuasions tonight. Oddly, they all seemed down. Almost gloomy. Why?

Could it be possible both sides feel like they're going to lose (as if the Cubs faced the Red Sox this year)? Perhaps. But I think it's something deeper.

After all the excitement of the Presidential race, they may be starting to realize no matter who wins, we'll have the same problems tomorrow, and the new guy (or the old new guy) won't be able to wave his hand and make them go away. There might be momentary exultation, but then it's back to the hard questions.

I'm LAGuy and I hope this message wasn't too negative. Happy election day.

Chicago Guy Responds: I am getting the exact same reaction from my colleagues, both Democrat and Republican. There's a fear that your guy might win and somehow screw things up worse than we've got it now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're too optimistic. Both sides are gloomy because both sides are fearful. They can't believe the other idiots are even close. Soros gave a speech last week where he said exactly that; Limbaugh spent much of yesterday doing the same.

Can't believe them damn Americans are so stupid.

I don't know either, but I have faith that the result will be surprising, one way or the other. (And I can't wait to see which of your two main analyses explaining why things came out the way they did. My money is you'll use the one that matches the results.)

8:25 AM, November 02, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter