Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Worth watching

I've never seen so much excitement over an upcoming blog, but lots of people are looking forward to The Becker-Posner Blog: A Blog By Gary Becker And Richard Posner. Including me. I'm suprised ChicagoGuy hasn't picked up on this yet.

Pajama Guy adds: Posner has to be about the most prolific author ever in the social sciences. (No doubt Karl Marx and Aristotle would have given Posner a run for his money if they too had word processors.) He's going to turn blogging on its head.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a bit dangerous. Posner and Becker are riding a peak; stepping into a new format may not suit. As Posner wrote in An Affair of State, highly competent professionals are highly competent in already existing professions; when something new crops up, they're as clueless as the rest of us.

On the other hand, what a couple of great guys. Most of us could make careers out of their drool.

4:55 PM, November 30, 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Posner talked about reaching one's level of incompetence in his book on Public Intellectuals. That said, I'd still like to hear his musings on matters of the day. I'm guessing, however, he'll keep his thinking more technical, and regarding what he's already researching.

6:00 PM, December 02, 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He guest-blogged for someone a few weeks or months back, for a week, I think, and did a fine job. (Which is not to say a stand-out job, at least in the subset of the blogworld that I see.) Whereas someone like Reynolds does the gig by quick-hit links, Posner spent his time, as I recall, being Posner, and writing material. Somwhere around here I've still got a clip he put up about global warming (it's happening) that I want to wade through at some point.

That didn't sound right. How about "I want to spend more thoughtful time on."

4:45 AM, December 03, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter