Sunday, January 23, 2005

Fine Line

Recently, I've been talking to some friends who were extremely disappointed by the election. (My friends mostly range from somewhat to extremely disappointed.) They were blowing off steam, mocking Bush and all his talk about freedom and democracy. I suppose if Kerry won, Bush supporters would mock whatever was in his inaugural.

But I was worried a few had gone over to the dark side. They've received emails about how the election was stolen (not some minor mistakes and corruption, a stolen election) and think these arguments have merit. While I'm all for healthy partisanship, I'm not for crackpotism. (I'm also not for thinking up the proper word as I write this late at night.)

If anyone reading this honestly thinks the Bush people pulled off the biggest election fraud in American history (and that's saying something), please try to check non-partisan sources and you'll find there's nothing to it. A good place to begin is a website that discusses polling at a fairly high level, Mystery Pollster. The guy who runs it is a Democrat, but he does a pretty good job keeping it impartial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter