Friday, March 25, 2005

Traumatic Scene

I closed the checking account at my bank today. (I won't say what bank, but it is a Bank in, and some might even say of, America.) I just got tired of certain costs and what seemed to me an inordinately high level required for "free" checking. It turned out to be a surprisingly traumatic scene.

The teller wanted to know why I was leaving. I suppose I didn't have to, but I explained why (nothing personal, just business). She called the manager over who said we've had a great relationship for over a decade and maybe there's something that could still be done to patch it up. I said sorry, it's over. You've got to make a clean cut, I've found.

And I walked across the street and opened a new account with free checking. They better not be lying to me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ever shut down a cell phone account in person? I did it with a Cellular company that is in the US (just like your Bank is in and of America). After years of crappy customer service, they couldn't do enough for me on my way out the door.

Thank God for competition.

DM

9:08 PM, March 25, 2005  
Blogger oakleyses said...

wedding dresses, herve leger, lululemon outlet, canada goose jackets, nfl jerseys, canada goose, babyliss pro, mcm handbags, canada goose, canada goose uk, ugg australia, ghd, giuseppe zanotti, longchamp, uggs outlet, ferragamo shoes, nike huarache, canada goose outlet, north face outlet, soccer jerseys, celine handbags, hollister, ugg, bottega veneta, instyler, mont blanc, valentino shoes, jimmy choo outlet, insanity workout, canada goose, marc jacobs, ugg boots, ugg boots, new balance shoes, reebok outlet, abercrombie and fitch, beats by dre, chi flat iron, asics running shoes, nike roshe run, rolex watches, mac cosmetics, soccer shoes, north face jackets, vans shoes, ugg pas cher, p90x, birkin bag

10:52 PM, November 07, 2014  
Blogger oakleyses said...

moncler, vans, air max, iphone 6 cases, converse shoes, pandora charms, timberland boots, wedding dresses, lancel, moncler, supra shoes, moncler, ray ban, parajumpers, moncler, hollister, gucci, thomas sabo, oakley, rolex watches, swarovski crystal, converse, pandora charms, karen millen, montre homme, juicy couture outlet, moncler outlet, ralph lauren, links of london, hollister clothing store, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, hollister, baseball bats, canada goose, louboutin, air max, juicy couture outlet, swarovski, canada goose, ugg, moncler, ugg, coach outlet store online, moncler, toms shoes

10:54 PM, November 07, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter