Thursday, May 26, 2005

Idol Aftermath

Carrie won. A bit surprising, but only a bit. What surprises me more is how she floated through the whole competition untouched, since I found her, at best, rather bland.

While I may disagree with the voters, I think they made the right commercial pick. In certain genres, such as rap and rock, street cred can matter (go tell it to the Monkees), but I don't think it's as big a deal in country. As always, the single they've written for her first release--"Inside Your Heaven"--sounds rotten.

I'm not too worried about Bo. He'll land on his feet. I can see Bo and Constantine touring together on a nostalgia tour in twenty years.

Nothing to do now but watch my tape of Lost and wait for the ratings to come in.

PS As predicted, Idol's ratings easily bested those of Lost. Nevertheless, Lost did alright and managed to depress Idol's ratings some.

2 Comments:

Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

Don't expect too much out of Lost, other than a demonstration of why constraints are a good thing, not a bad one.

3:15 AM, May 26, 2005  
Blogger LAGuy said...

Oh, it wasn't so bad. You gotta take the long view--this series is supposed to last for years. They shouldn't have to reveal any huge secrets until around year three.

7:54 PM, May 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter