Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Infectious

His Virtualness (or rather the fruit of his loins) was victimized by a malicious adware group.

The same thing happened to me recently, and it was an awful thing. Threw about 15 shortcut icons onto the desktop and loaded me up with all sorts of crap. Spybot did the trick for me, getting rid of it, so far as I can tell. Lord knows whether something is still there.

I don't even know how I did it, is what really bugs me. I wasn't aware of hitting any buttons, though I am still learning how to use a new laptop. I agree, this is a sleazy thing to do, and I wish great misfortune on these people, jail time if it can be done.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't understand why anyone, anywhere, decides to create adware which actively annoys the potential buyer.

6:10 PM, May 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter