Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Back to the future

My spider sense tells me LAGuy's going to engage in some unjustified carping about our national symbols tomorrow, attacking both our flag and our national anthem. I think we should make him recite the pledge of allegiance in public 1000 times until he cries, honoring a traditional older than even the filibuster.

First off, what do you want for an anthem, something like Ode to Joy? Beauty is where you find it and I'm not sure I'd rather have Beethoven on the job. It's rather amazing how many smart people have been writing constitutions since ours was written, and how consistently they've done such a poor job.

Second off, what's wrong with ending on a question? It's a rather great question and I can think of few things better to plant in the national psyche than that one.

And speaking of which, what's wrong with the flag? Who are you? William Kunstler?

1 Comments:

Blogger LAGuy said...

Just for this, I'm going to postpone my think piece on Michael Jackson and I will attack the national anthem.

11:17 AM, June 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter