Wednesday, June 22, 2005

To Cringe Or Not To Cringe

After watching the first three episodes of Lisa Kudrow's new show, The Comeback, I think I get it. She plays Valerie Cherish, a sitcom actress also starring in her own reality show. Each week we watch her discover, yet again, that she's not the sexy star she thinks she is.

I don't think I can take much more. While there have good shows based on embarrassment (The Office comes to mind), I'm not really sure if I like a show that exists mainly to humiliate its protagonist.

By the way, the magazine ad for the show has Lisa Kudrow in a meat grinder. Didn't a lot of people get mad when Larry Flynt tried the same thing?

Columbus Guy says: I'm very disappointed, LAGuy. I expected a photo with the meat grinder link, and you give us a transcript? I know we're all about words around here, but still . . .

LAGuy explains: I have a magazine with the Lisa Kudrow ad, but not the technological capability to post it. I searched the web for it, but no go. Same for Flynt. (By the way, just as the Kudrow people were being symbolic, Flynt was being satirical.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter