Sunday, July 31, 2005

All the news that fits

During some recent alone time I perused a 2004 Time almanac. The cover includes seven photos in a Saturn-like ring around "the world." I, a reader, get the gist of all seven photos and know specifically what five of them are.

One is a woman holding an award, a large silver plate, obviously after a sporting event. Others include the Columbia launching, the Saddam statue having a U.S. flag tied around its neck, a sunset silhouette photo of a soldier, and Asian women wearing masks, obviously due to SARS.

That leaves two photos, both black and whites, head shots. Any longshot guessers out there?

One is Bob Hope, the other is Katharine Hepburn. I mean, come on, two of seven photos covering 2003's world events are, not merely Hollywood, but 1940's Hollywood? I know LAGuy's industry is important, and I know we like nostalgia better than thinking up something new, but, come on.

web page hit counter