Monday, August 08, 2005

Peter Jennings, RIP

The odd thing is I have nothing to say. I presume others on this blog will speak out. Perhaps Pajama Guy himself will come out of hiding. But the truth is I have almost no opinion, and hardly any memories, regarding Peter Jennings.

He was the most popular news anchor of the last 20 years, but the truth is, by the time I got interested in current events, I had pretty much stopped watching TV except for sports and a few shows. Later, when I got back into TV, I had cable, and so decided I'd watch the news when I felt like it, not when the networks decreed. So, essentially, outside elections and other special events, I haven't watched a second of Jennings, or Brokaw, or Rather. I read about what they said and did, but I never saw them first-hand. It says nothing against Jennings that no longer can an anchor, or even three, control the agenda. (Or do I speak too soon?)

Anyway, from one PJ Guy to another, bye.

web page hit counter