Monday, October 24, 2005

Naming Names

Legal notice: The following is merely my opinion. When I declare someone an idiot, it is not in any way meant as a technical term, but rather a childish insult, itself based on extremely limited information. I could very well be wrong. Who knows, maybe I am the idiot.

Anyway, I don't usually go off on regular letters to the editor, since it's just a chance for the average person to have his voice heard. And even when I do, I usually don't mention the name of the letter-writer (unless the name is well-known) because why beat up on someone who doesn't have a forum to argue back and will probably never be heard from again?

Nevertheless, I must say, Frederic W. Grannis Jr, MD of Long Beach, you are an idiot.

The content of his letter to the LA Times I don't really need to get into. It's just more of the anti-Big Tobacco blather that we've heard ad nauseam for the past few decades. It's whom he blames for letting tobacco companies off easy (!) that made me shave double-figures off his presumed IQ. You see, the problem, according to Grannis, is the "neocon-dominated Supreme Court."

People who falsely blame neocons for things where neocons have some influence tend to be extremely stupid, so you can just imagine how dumb you gotta be to blame neocons where they don't even exist.

PS I figured a blowhard like Dr. Grannis can probably be found on the internet. Sure enough, there he is at "global tobacco control."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter