Friday, November 25, 2005

Can't Turn Around For A Second

I was gone for about a week, and what should I discover when I return? I open the sliding door to the balcony, and a bunch of pigeons have taken up residence. And they're persistent--I had to force some out with a broom.

I soon found out why. They'd built a nest. And there was a little pigeon egg. Sorry, had to toss it.

Does anyone know how to get rid of pigeons? I don't want to have to chase them away. I want them to understand they are not welcome to begin with.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have found (back when I was a penniless student and had scads of time to focus on annoying little problems like ths) that a healthy helping of bird seed sprinkled with liberal amounts of tabasco sauce (or other hot sauce) tends to turns the filthy f@ckerss on the roosting place. Depending on which brand you choose, a 100% natural if somewhat cruel solution (you give the little winged rats terrible indigestion) to your problem. You may get a short-term dousing of spicy pigeon diarrhea on your patio- but far better that a long-term dose of regular pigeon doodoo.

6:29 AM, November 25, 2005  
Blogger LAGuy said...

I'll look into it, though it sounds like I'm going to be inviting a lot more pigeons to my balcony before they start leaving.

11:06 AM, November 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter