Thursday, December 22, 2005

Night Shift

In keeping with the theme that the world is made for the early riser. I have worked primarily the night shift for about 5 years now. When I go home some people say Good night, some say good day. I just want to get some rest. They say us night owls will take a few years off our lives.

I find that there are several keys to making it work. One, I always sleep before starting the first shift. Two, I try to work a few in a row. Three, when I sleep during the day, I try to make the room as dark as possible.

12 hour shifts are good, because if you schedule it right you can regularly have a few days off. I like working at night cause there's less 'politics' and I have more reponsibility. There is a time at about 3:30 when many people get downright giddy. I seem to be able to handle the change better than many others who are miserable doing nights. Never have to worry about rush hour traffic either. All in all it is not a bad way to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter