Saturday, December 17, 2005

Po(n)dering

I have nearly 7000 songs (would have more, but I also carry around a whole Spanish course and some pictures) on my ipod.  My massive music storage device in tiny box tm (this is what I would have called the ipod had I invented it) has a nifty little feature which allows you to play all 7000 randomly.
  This morning very early as I waited for the train with our great AnnArborAunt, I was in a groove of great music that I have hardly felt since my home taping days.  We used to exquisitely craft tapes with songs from our collections to set (or change) the mood just right.  The right combination of wide mixture of genre, still similar theme, and all great music makes for an incredible experience.
  Even better would (will) be a player that plays almost entirely your own music but every once in awhile throws in a song that it 'thinks' you oughta like.  Several years ago while listening to a radio show in A2, I heard some great django-esque guitar from Lang and Kress.  More recently I was introduced to Western Swing.  There is certainly some style or artist yet undiscovered and I welcome those opportunities.  So, Mr. Jobs if you are listening, make a player that steals just enough music to encourage us to buy more. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter