Friday, December 23, 2005

What's Wrong With Kong

Some people are wondering why King Kong seems to be underperforming at the box office. I think I'll wait until after the holiday season to tackle that one.

I liked the movie, though I hardly loved it. I prefer it to director Peter Jackson's hugely successful, but stuffy, Lord Of The Rings trilogy.

One thing got to me, though. Before the gang boards the ship, Captain Englehorn says he's "waiting on" something when he means "waiting for." I don't know when "waiting on" became the same thing as "waiting for," but certainly it's been in the last few decades, not during the Depression.

Jackson spent a lot of money to recreate a period. Is it that hard to make sure the Captain talks like he's living then?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter