Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Bringing back banishment

LAGuy rudely interrupted a post on his friend Mr. Welch, rendering it practically unreadable. While I don't see his point, I'm nonetheless assuming, despite the lack of evidence of it, that he has one, and so it's posted here:

LAGuy butts in {to this post}: Scroll down to yesterday. Here's what you had to say about Joel Stein's piece: "What an appalling essay, and I don't mean its viewpoint. I'm happy to let that speak for itself. It's such a poor quality effort that I wonder if it was just cut and pasted from a college student newspaper." That was published in the LA Times, of course, where Stein is a regular.

Columbus Guy says: Sorry, LAGuy, your butt-in is pointless, in addition to being rude, and in this context it's utterly uncalled for. If your point is a newspaper couldn't possibly publish a piece of crap without itself being a piece of crap, maybe, but then there probably aren't very many newspapers that aren't crap--certainly neither the Post or the other Times, which do so with disappointing frequency. SStill, I wouldn't call them crap, even if you would. For myself, since I haven't seen the LAT editorial page, I won't say what its quality is. Maybe the rest of the page is filled with brilliance. You presumably have more experience with it, though I'm beginning to question your judgment.

LAGuy reminisces: Fascinating. Ever since I've known ColumbusGuy, he's railed against the media. One time I take him seriously, he rushes to deny it.

Columbus Guy says: Definitely a blast from the past. We haven't heard from the LAGuy who denies Manhattan media press bias in quite some time. Instead, we've been hearing from this one, and this one, and this one,this one, and this one, and, a PajamaGUy favorite, this one. And that's just for this month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter