Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Stop The Presses: LA Times Makes Good Move

Scroll down. You'll see ColumbusGuy doesn't think much of the LA Times editorial page. But maybe he'll change his mind soon. My good friend, Matt Welch, who used to work at Reason, has just been hired as assistant opinion editor.

Congratulations, Matt. Now show them how it's done.

Columbus Guy says: Yes, congratulations to Mr. Welch. Any friend of LAGUy's is a friend of all the PajamaGuys. Certainly few enterprises live up to their names as well as Reason does.

But, LAGuy, it's unlike you to be overbroad. It may well be likely that I wouldn't be a fan of LAT's editorial page pre-Welch, but I really don't know, since I can't say I've ever seen it. If I ever spoke against it, I was the one being overbroad. From the many specific excerpts of it I have seen, however, and more importantly its news stories, I have no doubt it's part of, or rather a follower of, the Manhattan media. The good news is, the only cure for the Manhattan media is to take exactly this kind of step and put to work some intelligent writers who aren't the typical bedwetter.

So here's wishing both Welch and the LAT success. Perhaps soon enough we can introduce a new word to the lexicon, "Los Angeles media," with an entirely different and heretofore non-existent meaning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter