Thursday, March 30, 2006

Kevin Phillips Bong

Kevin Phillips is one of the mysteries of life. He made his reputation with an apparently clever and clairvoyant book (which I've never read), The Emerging Republican Majority. Since then, he's written books which tend to be slightly silly, but he's still reviewed respectfully and his reputation, if anything, grows.

I was going to attempt a takedown of his latest, American Theocracy, but luckily for me, Jacob Weisberg beat me to it. So by all means, check out his review in Slate.

Columbus Guy says: For several years around the turn of the century, Phillips was NPR's Voice of the Republicans. Whenever they needed balance for their liberal views, Phillips was their guy. Doubtless it was more palatable to them than finding an actual, you know, conservative. Anyway, I've not noticed him for quite awhile. Maybe McCain's crowded him out of the market. Or maybe he was the only REpublican in Bob Edward's Rolodex. In any case, I'm sure I'll be hearing from NPR about his book soon, if I haven't already mercifully missed it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

és um granda falhado ass. jfk

6:44 PM, March 29, 2006  
Blogger LAGuy said...

Obrigado.

10:44 PM, March 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter