Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Partnering

LAGuy has bad luck in partners, in my case, anyway (but he brought it on himself). First I disappear for a week, leaving him alone to hoist the load (of which he did a fine job). Then, I step on his post of the month.

But I can't resist this threefer, where Dick Morris throws his credibility down the toilet (I know, I know) not once, not twice, not thrice, but four times in the same column.

Hillary's stoppable. Why? Because in one poll "her lead is down to 54-33" and in another by 40 to 16. That's two.

Al Gore is a credible challenger. THat's three.

ANd the coup de gras: "When Hillary ran in 2000, few believed she would run for president."

UPDATE: Anonymous points out alternative spellings.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like so many pundits, Morris gets it wrong regularly, but no one takes away his pundit license. I remember when Hillary first ran for senator. Morris had some "insider" knowledge that she was in trouble since everyone knew her, so all the undecideds in the polls would end up going against her. Guess what happened? The undecideds went for her and she won in a walk. But people still listened to Morris.

Though I don't get why you don't think much of Gore. It seems to me (considering the lack of true competition) it's his for the asking.

5:58 AM, April 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seem to have mixed up "coup de grace" with "pate de foie gras." "Coup de gras" would be something like death by enlarged liver.

11:17 AM, April 12, 2006  
Blogger ColumbusGuy said...

Death by enlarged liver, eh? It could happen.

11:56 AM, April 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter