Sunday, May 07, 2006

Blog And Draw

I was at a party last night at the elegant home of my good friends Matt and Emmanuelle. Matt use to write for Reason but now works on the editorial board of the LA Times. He's only been there a short while and already has some war stories. I also spotted Cathy Seipp, though she was leaving as I was arriving.

The guest of honor was Peter Bagge, a cartoonist who regularly contributes to Reason. Earlier he'd been in Leimert Park attending a Minute Man rally. I think he's reasearching a piece on immigration.

I didn't really get a chance to talk to him much, but let me say he may be the best all-around cartoonist today. He's got a great graphic style and is a wonderful writer. Check out anything he's published, but I especially recommend his Buddy Bradley collections.

2 Comments:

Blogger rumour said...

i like to wear pajamas... to the nude beach, freaks everyone else.

6:40 PM, May 06, 2006  
Blogger LAGuy said...

We've finally heard from Pajama Guy!

11:45 PM, May 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter