Saturday, June 24, 2006

Spelling

Aaron Spelling just died. He produced more hours of TV than anyone else.

His shows include The Mod Squad, S.W.A.T., Charlie's Angels, The Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Hart To Hart, Dynasty, T.J. Hooker, Beverly Hills 90210 and Melrose Place.

It's a great American story. A poor Jewish kid rises out of poverty to become one of the most powerful men in Hollywood.

And yet, with all those titles to his credit, I'm not sure if I've ever sat through an entire hour of anything he created.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never once? Wow. My sister and I used to watch every episode of "Love Boat" and "Fantasy Island" back in high school.... although I can't for the life of me recall why.

7:17 PM, June 25, 2006  
Blogger LAGuy said...

I might have watched a bit of Love Boat, but never the whole hour. There were plenty of good comedy shows on then, so why bother?

12:39 AM, June 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter