Saturday, August 26, 2006

"Is JK OK?"--no, make that "PS I Don't Love You"

I recently saw an article about how the masters of science are shutting creationism out of our classrooms because they're afraid of criticism. (It even used Ann Coulter as an expert witness!)

It was written by Jack Kemp, which disappointed me. I never had any strong feelings about him, but I always thought he was a fairly rational guy (by both political and football standards).

Then I saw the exact same piece, but this time by Phyllis Schlafly. Great minds think alike?

Turns out I wasn't the only one to notice. Carl Zimmer at The Loom also spotted this amazing coincidence.

Ultimately, the mystery was solved: the essay is by Schlafly and was used to fill in for a vacationing Jack Kemp. JK, you're still OK. But maybe you'd like to clear things up when you return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter