Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Is That What It Looks Like?

Warning: Today's link is short and profane.

People who use Word are probably familiar with the paper clip that flies down, says "It looks like you're writing a letter" and offers help.

Often I'm not writing a letter. And you know what? Even if I were, I wrote many of them successfully before I owned any Microsoft products.

Has anyone ever accepted the help of that paper clip? I've never heard of such a thing. I bet just sending the clip away has wasted thousands of hours.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an earlier version of Word (at least 7 or 8 years ago) on one of my old computers and my memory was you could pick different animated characters besides the paper clip to bring these messages-after I played with the settings, I wound up with either a little cartoon dog or or an Einstein-like personage. Over time the annoyance of these I believe these features increased my feelings of anger toward neighborhood pooches and maybe some feeling of anti-academia. Maybe thats why we have only the paper clip now- so the anger can't be other-directed. But they must keep it for a reason-someone somewhere must like this (I mean somebody out there is buying Hello Kitty products too). Sometimes though I think its MS showing us its powerful enough to have complete and utter contempt for its customers (no thats what they have upgrades for)

6:42 AM, August 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Along with grocery store loyalty cards, this is simply part of the preparation for The Convergence.

4:51 AM, August 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Covergence- does that happen before or after the Singularity? Or am I confusing that with he Rapture?

12:19 PM, August 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter