Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Sports Round-up

Tiger Woods just won his fourth tournament in a row. I think it's safe to say he's the greatest golfer ever. He's so good he even has people like me watching golf.

From Tiger to Tigers. The Detroit Tigers still have the best record in baseball, but they've been in a slump lately. Luckily they'd built up such a lead they're still pretty solidly in first. I only hope the recent losses woke them up. What worries me most is all the runs they've been giving up--is their staff tired?

From one Detroit team to another. I've been paying so much attention to the Tigers I missed the other Motor City winners, the Detroit Shock. They're about to play Sacramento in the WNBA finals. They almost got to face the Los Angeles Sparks, in which case I could have caught a game.

This weekend, college football starts. Michigan versus Vandy. I'm sure I'll be commenting, but the real blog to go to is The M Zone.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gaucho said...

Your comment about Tiger Woods reminded me that I've been meaning to post about him for some time. You can check it out here if you want.

As for the Tigers, I was kind of hoping my Padres would get another shot at them in the World Series but it doesn't seem likely.

11:56 AM, August 30, 2006  
Blogger LAGuy said...

Welcome back, Gaucho. We haven't heard from you in a while.

By the way, there'll probably be a post next week about summer movie predictions, including yours.

12:06 PM, August 30, 2006  
Blogger Gaucho said...

Oh, hell, I read you guys every day. I don't always comment because I don't want you to think I'm a groupie.

And great minds must think alike because with Labor Day next week I figured a summer movie roundup couldn't be far behind.

1:25 PM, August 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter