Monday, November 27, 2006

Nein Part II

ABC just pulled The Nine from its slot following Lost. The critics had loved the show, but it proved to be a ratings disaster.

I'm not surprised. When I first heard about it, I thought it was the worst premise ever. It's about the lives of nine people who were caught in a 52-hour hostage crisis.

Following nine characters who were once thrown together by chance doesn't sound that exciting, so the hook was each week they'd reveal a bit more about those 52 hours. Come again? I'm not gonna wait a whole season, much less several seasons, to find out what happened. I want to plot to be moving forward and taking place in the present, not revealed in dribs and drabs through flashbacks.

The whole concept was so frustrating I gave up after the premiere. I can see I wasn't alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter