Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Be Careful What You Wish For

I apologize for being scarce. I've had what I thought were serious "connectivity" issues. Turns out after 3 days of fiddling and four different helpdesk jockeys, one bright bulb asked me to push a barely noticeable soft little push-button on the modem right next to where you would grip it if you picked it up. I did and everything came back to life. According to the nice young techette, "more people get thrown by that pointless stand-by switch. Its only purpose is apparently to baffle people." A triumph of design and engineering!

To think that earlier in the day, I was bemoaning the fact that I only hung around with lawyers.

Columbus Guy says: A nice young techette shows up and you consider it a curse? Forget be careful what you wish for; count your blessings. (We don't buy lottery tickets in our house. We consider it a tax on the stupid, and while we count ourselves among the stupid, we don't like taxes. So the other day in the midst of the huge-hugest ever-buy-your-tickets-now frenzy, ColumbusGal wwanted to buy a ticket, at one point asking what I would do with the winnings. "Buy a better trophy wife," I said. She laughed really hard. I love ColumbusGal.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. ColumbusGuy, you are a true romantic.

9:10 AM, March 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll say. Have you seen what I got her for Valentine's Day?

SWMBCg, etc.

10:39 AM, March 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There you go with the graphics again.

11:44 PM, March 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter