Friday, March 23, 2007

I do not think it means what you think it means

"These figures suggest a perverse Fox News effect."

(The last line is a killer: "Finally, we hope that more evidence on the effect of other sources of media bias, such as local papers and radio talk shows, will complement the evidence in this paper." And don't forget to look for the "Berlusconi" throwaway; where the hell did that come from? I guess we can all hope that more evidence on the effect of other sources of media bias, such as the Manhattan Media, will complement the evidence ni this paper.)

2 Comments:

Blogger QueensGuy said...

I'm trying to decide what "a temporary learning effect for rational voters" means. I think they intend it to mean that people who lacked accurate information about Republicans' policies gained it, and could better decide between the two sides' policies on a rational basis. But why "temporary"? Are those policies static, where having heard them once, you no longer need to hear them going forward? Or do they have no ability rationally to further influence additional hearers as they change or are clarified? Strange.

9:02 AM, March 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, bad news QueensGuy. I had the same thought. If I were you, I'd get checked.

SWMBCg, etc.

11:11 AM, March 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter