Monday, April 02, 2007

Why are dumb people so dumb?

ColumbusGal is traveling, leaving me to my own devices. I rented Idiocracy. The title sounds like an Al Gore production, but it isn't. Its story is Sleeper for goyim: A fairly dumb guy wakes up in 2505 to find out that, due to LAGuy's second-favorite topic, evolution, the population has become pure idiots, morons, imbeciles. It's all because of AMerican Idol. The fairly dumb guy is now the smartest man on earth.

There's a great scene where the suspended animation chamber, due to a collapse of the garbage mountain, slides into an imbecile citizen's apartment. The man is watching a TV show, "Ow, My Balls," and the screen is surrounded by a dozen advertising buttons; it looks like any Fox or CNN screen, or a slot machine, or any newspaper's web site. In the screen in the middle a teaser is playing, in which a man has his balls asaulted by all manner of manner.

Why do I tell you this? Just to note that this is the scene that starts the DVD. I watched it four times before I realized it was only the root launch menu recycling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter