Saturday, May 12, 2007

What I Am Reading

What am I reading? That's a question no one ever asks. I'm going to tell you anyway.

There are two books I'm halfway through. I got them both for my birthday. (I got a few others, but I'll start them later.)

First, there's Ethan Mordden's All That Glittered, about Broadway drama from 1919 to 1959. Mordden just finished a series of books on Broadway musicals, so I guess he's taking care of everything else. As always, idiosyncratic, but entertaining. I suppose he'll do one more up to the present and move on to another topic.

Second is The Making Of Star Wars, which goes into excruciating detail regarding the original film. I already had a pretty good idea of what happened, but it's pretty cool to have a step by step of how it came about. Certainly if you're a Star Wars fan this is the book you must have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter