Saturday, August 04, 2007

My Word

There's a new series on AMC--in fact, I think it's the only one they've ever had--Mad Men. It's set in the 1960's world of advertising.

A lot of it is about capturing the period. The look, yes, but especially the different attitudes----sexism, racism and everyone smoking. (I did catch one anachronism--a character said "waiting on".)

Anyway, the ad men are trying to sell a laxative, and one comes up with the term "satisfeculent."

Hmm. I came up with this word a year ago. Does Matthew Weiner read Pajama Guy?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did they use the "dump" line?

1:58 PM, August 04, 2007  
Blogger LAGuy said...

It's 1960, there are limites.

4:26 PM, August 04, 2007  
Blogger Irene Done said...

EVERYone reads Pajama Guy.

This might be AMC's second series. I seem to remember they once had a series that took place at a radio station during the 30s-40s (I know -- you hate it when people can't get their decades straight but I honestly can't recall right now.) This was back when AMC was commercial-free and very much a nostalgia channel.

9:50 AM, August 05, 2007  
Blogger LAGuy said...

Yes, you're right. I now recall back when I used to watch AMC (I stopped when they added commericals) they had a nostalgic comedy series about a fictional radio station.

It was called Remember WENN, I believe. I think they had other series, too, though none as heavily promoted as Mad Men.

10:39 AM, August 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter