Friday, September 28, 2007

Let's Get This Straight

Charles Johnson at Little Green Footballs was, I believe, the first to uncover Dan Rather's fraudulent documents. (If not the first, he certainly did it early, and definitively.)

It's a sign of how politics drives people insane that there's still debate on the topic. A side-insanity issue deals with those who admit they're fake but insist the scandal was orchestrated by the right.

Sidney Blumenthal recently made this accusation, claiming Johnson-types got their marching orders from Karl Rove.

Here's Roger L Simon on the topic:
I noticed today via LGF [Johnson's site] that Sidney Blumenthal is inadvertently taking off after Charles Johnson. I say inadvertently, because I doubt even Sidney is so ideologically straight-jacketed to think that Charles works with Karl Rove.
So why am I bringing this whole silly thing up? Because it's spelled "straitjacket" and I'm tired of seeing "straightjacket."

I realize the latter is so popular it's now accepted, but think about this for a second. Is there anything "straight" about this jacket? No, it's tight, narrow, like a strait. If you ever have any trouble remembering, just recall the one in the jacket is in desperate straits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter