Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fancy Shmancy

I just bought a new watch at my local drug store. Didn't cost much. My old one, which had worked just fine for over five years, was also cheap. I wear a watch so I know what time it is. I'm not sure if I get why some people pay thousands for a watch. Pens, too. I use them to write.

(Note: As I was writing this post about how cheap I am, I got a call hitting me up for money. Just a notice to all you charities who have me on your list--I don't write checks to people who annoy me by calling me on the phone.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a $150 watch that lasted about 15 years. I had to replace the band and battery a few times over that period. When it finally died, the crystal was fairly scratched, so I didn't consider having it repaired. But then I bought a $30 watch. It died within 6 months (after I droped it about two feet by accident). It had a one year warranty, but I didn't bother with that, since I would have had to send it to the factory and would have been without the watch for weeks. I bought another relatively cheap watch. It didn't work right out of the box - but I exchanged it at the store. It also died within a year (after I bought a battery for it that didn't fix the problem).

So now I'm back to a $250 watch (infaltion). If it lasts 10 years, I'll be ahead of the game, I figure.

11:02 AM, October 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter