Friday, October 12, 2007

From LAGuy's Lips To Stockholm's Ears

LA Guy recently expressed his dissatisfaction with the Nobel Prize in Literature, with an aside about the merits of the Nobel Peace Prize. Methinks this year's recipient of the Peace Prize won't bring him back to the fold.

LAGuy adds: It's absurd, of course, but it's hard to care. At this point, anything that discredits them is a good thing.

My first reaction, oddly enough, was I should update the George Bernard Shaw entry at Wikipedia, since it claims he's the only one to win an Oscar and a Nobel Prize. I went there and found out someone had beaten me to it.

Some are saying this adds momentum to the draft Gore movement. I'm not getting the connection. Have they given Norwegians the vote?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! How'd you add the color quotes again? I've not been able to do that since we were googlized. WHat's the deal? Am I on super-secret probation again?

SW, etc.

12:36 PM, October 12, 2007  
Blogger LAGuy said...

Sign in, click on New Post, click on Edit Posts, then click on Edit for whatever post you want to add to.

Or sign in, refresh the page, and click on the pencil icon.

1:24 PM, October 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, you just turn the key and it goes. Here's my surmise: You have administrative privileges; I do not. You see an edit option for all entries (as I did before googlization). I see an edit option for only my posts.

6:44 AM, October 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter