Thursday, December 13, 2007

Leap over Jaws?

I see the Dave Clark 5 and the Ventures were elected to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame today. Is there any band that had a hit in the 60s that isn't in the HOF? Maybe next year the Fugs get in.

LAGuy adds: I think you missed the story, which was that Madonna and John Mellencamp got in. I'd rather listen to the Dave Clark 5 and the Ventures.

NE Guy responds: Madonna and Mellencamp got the headlines and while I'm not a fan of and wouldn't have voted for, either, they were at least forces in the industry. Who is left from the 50s and 60 s who is not in the the Hall? It just seems that pretty soon, for a band, being in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is going to be more like getting your name in the phonebook, than any mark of achievement.

LAGuy ripostes: Hey, I'm blue, get your own color.

NE Guy responds: Its a different shade entirely but I didn't know it was spoken for. From now on, I'll be puke green unless one of the other guys has claimed it. (And how do you do this to my posts, I can't do it to yours)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter