Monday, February 04, 2008

No Joy in Mudville

Yeah- the Giant Killers made Don Shula & co. enjoy their champagne but the big question of the night was- what the hell was the Audi commercial supposed to be about?- This is the car for ex-Nazis on psilocybin?

I was expecting Dieter from "Sprockets" to come on afterward.

NE Guy is enlightened- I just read that it was a Godfather parody and that the giant cell phone was a Mercedes grill (like I know what that looks like). That helps. But only a very little.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought this year's Super Bowl had the weakest collection of new commericials in years. Almost nothing stood out to me.

8:00 AM, February 04, 2008  
Blogger New England Guy said...

I must be getting old- I didn't get the point for alot of them- The Nuremberg rally for sneakers, the cashew in the hairy cleavage, the nipple clips, cold beer that makes you breathe fire, the little Fox Sports robot (OK thats been there all season) etc.... I salute the weirdness but I don't get it anymore.

Did anyone see the football guys reciting the Declaration of Independence before the game- big muscular guys (and one whiny ex-commissioner and Pat Tillman's widow) declaiming about deposing an unjust government- it had an odd feel.

4:06 PM, February 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter