Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Music Industry Woes

In their latest issue, Rolling Stone claims that Wal-Mart is the nation's top music retailer with 16% of the market. Using that clout, the retail chain is apparently threatening to stop selling music CD's altogether if the record labels don't cut their prices. Wal-Mart tried this once before but couldn't make it stick.

So, I'm curious. Where do you get your music? Are you a downloader or do you still buy CD's?

Me, I'm still digitizing all my albums from the 60's and 70's.

4 Comments:

Blogger QueensGuy said...

I buy the occasional CD, do the occasional download from itunes, and copy friends' CDs to my hard dri....hold on, there's someone pounding on my front door.

8:58 AM, March 26, 2008  
Blogger New England Guy said...

Amazon for CDs- I'd buy stuff digitally but I'm too stupid to figure out how to play my MP3 on the car's speakers (and wearing headphones is just, like dangerous, dude)

10:44 AM, March 26, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like those new turntables that you plug your iPod directly into.

10:55 AM, March 26, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I buy CDs (usually on Amazon). On the not-so-common times that I download music off the web, or buy bootlegs, I try to buy a comparable item or otherwise give financial support to the artist, to supply them with the royalties that I am denying them through my downloading.

The fact that you probably think I'm joking tells us a lot about the state of intellectual property today....

2:13 AM, March 27, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter