Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Fifth Cylon

The biggest question right now on Battlestar Galactica: who is the fifth cylon? Now that we know the other cylons have no idea (nor does the fifth cylon, for that matter), it opens it up to pretty much anybody.

My guess--it'll be whoever the writers think would be the coolest and most convenient for plot reasons. Personally, I haven't a clue. Except that I imagine it'll have to be a main character. If it were an unknown, that'd be a cheat. So I'd say it's confined to Adama, Roslin, Starbuck, Apollo or Baltar.

There's a decent argument for each one. Adama was there when the cylons did the original experiments. Roslin has long had visions. Starbuck disappeared and reappeared under mysterious circumstances. Apollo--well, he's the most boring character and they keep trying to throw him new storylines to make him interesting. And Baltar has been consorting with cylons from the start.

I can't imagine it'd be someone like Helo, or Dualla or even Zarek. I heard someone suggest it's Gaeta and I thought can you imagine the anti-climax? The fifth cylon is as likely to be Murray the K as Gaeta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter