Friday, May 16, 2008

Pride Goeth

The nets have announced their fall schedule. Of course, these days, with all the competition, prime time doesn't mean what it once did.

Still, looking at it, I see something worth checking out (or zipping through, anyway), almost every night.

First, no Lost. That doesn't come till winter.

But I see on Monday The Big Bang Theory is back, as well as Heroes (they better snap out of their downward spiral, though).

Tuesday, House. (Eli Stone is back? How'd that happen?)

Wednesday, and Friday, there's Deal Or No Deal (which takes me about ten minutes to watch).

Thursday, while America watched big guns like Grey's Anatomy or CSI, I'll be checking out the NBC comedy night lineup of My Name Is Earl, 30 Rock and The Office. Against all odds, NBC has brought (semi) must see TV back.

Nothing on Saturday, but you should try to get out one night a week.

Sunday, you got The Simpsons and Family Guy.

I'll admit TV's a bad influence. Better to take a walk, or read a book. And I promise to do that--maybe in the half hour between The Simpsons and Family Guy.

4 Comments:

Blogger VermontGuy said...

My TV viewing has fallen off tremendously since Buffy and Angel left the air. The only shows I watched with regularity this last season were Medium, Reaper and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

During the hiatus, I enjoyed the 1st season of Veronica Mars on DVD and I've been watching the 1st season of Bones on Hulu so I may add that to the list this fall.

Of the new shows announced, Fringe sounds like it might be interesting and I've heard good things about the BBC version of Life On Mars so I might give that a tumble.

6:03 AM, May 16, 2008  
Blogger VermontGuy said...

Oops. Whoever posted the schedule left Joss Whedon's Dollhouse off the list. Anything by Joss is definitely worth a look.

Of course, it wouldn't occur to any of these morons to bring back Firefly, would it?

6:08 AM, May 16, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope this isn't final!

First off - where is Reaper? I thought it was doing well. Ray Wise as Satan is great. How could this be off the air and Samantha Who be coming back?!? The universe makes no sense.

I hated Eli Stone, but I liked Journeyman and New Amsterdam. So which is coming back !!!!

Glad about Heroes and Pushing Daisy's being back. But how does Til' Death keep coming back and Back to You get's the axe?

lastly - what is SNL Thurs.? Just the funny bits from the previous Sat. night? Will that fill half an hour?

12:08 PM, May 16, 2008  
Blogger VermontGuy said...

DG, Reaper has been renewed and will show up in January - as will Dollhouse, I believe.

4:10 PM, May 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter