Friday, June 20, 2008

Missed It By That Much

A weird showdown this weekend--two wacky comedies open, Get Smart and The Love Guru. This is bad programming as they both appeal to similar crowds. Get Smart should do better since it's got a name and several appealing actors, while Mike Myers hasn't had to open a non-Austin Powers live action film in years. Also, while the critics don't love Smart, they hate Guru.

I may check them both out, though it's a depressing weekend when you see two comedies that had potential both bomb. Which reminds me of The Nude Bomb. No way will either be that bad.

As long as I'm reminiscing, let me redirect you to what I wrote after Don Adams died.

1 Comments:

Blogger New England Guy said...

Slate really hated it (Love Guru) but then they gave an example that made me think they're stuffy prigs. That capital of Thailand joke in junior high made me sit with legs crossed for 2 years.

6:35 AM, June 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter