Monday, July 07, 2008

Second Thoughts On The Fourth

Like It's A Wonderful Life on Christmas, Independence Day is made for July Fourth TV, especially if you get the Fox Movie Channel. I didn't like it when I saw it in the theatre--it seemed kinda dumb. But I enjoyed it more this time around. I still think it's filled with melodramatic cliches occasionally relieved by preposterous plot twists, but the film is so unashamed about the hokiness, after you've accepted the plot for what it is, it's not half bad.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kind of like the National Treasure sequel. The plot jumps are laughable, literally, but quite fun.

1:58 PM, July 07, 2008  
Blogger New England Guy said...

I believe it is an old LA Guy observation but I love that the entire fate of the world depends on hostile alien technology being Windows (TM) compatible.

5:23 AM, July 09, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it Mac?

8:46 AM, July 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter