Monday, October 27, 2008

I Went To A Marvellous Party

I was at a party recently and everyone was talking politics. As you might expect, they all supported Obama.

I was particularly fascinated by the loathing Sarah Palin inspires. Someone was saying, in essence, how cretinous her supporters are. I noted that they cling to their guns and religion and hatred of people who aren't like them. I don't think this person got the Obama reference, and simply nodded in agreement. (BTW, I was surprised to see SNL mock John Murtha. Not that he isn't a ripe target--I just wasn't sure he was big enough.)

I also spotted an early trend. They were already making excuses for Obama. They said things are so bad, he'll be unfairly blamed for what happens over the next four years. So I guess he can't lose.

(This reminds me of my favorite Norm MacDonald joke--that Paula Barbieri broke up with O. J. Simpson because she was afraid if they got married she'd be murdered and he'd be falsely blamed for it.)

3 Comments:

Blogger New England Guy said...

SNL was mocking Murtha only in an effort to get at the people of Western Pennsylvania.

5:04 AM, October 27, 2008  
Blogger VermontGuy said...

Wait, SNL knows that there are people in Western Pennsylvania?

6:25 AM, October 27, 2008  
Blogger New England Guy said...

Somebody's been buying their VHS tape inventory

6:59 AM, October 27, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter