Monday, January 12, 2009

Moore Political

I met Andrew Breitbart a few years ago when he was working for Matt Drudge. Since then, he's branched out and his latest web offering is Big Hollywood, where, I gather, he hopes to bring a more right-wing perspective to the world of entertainment. The key, I think, is to get everyone across the spectrum to read his site (good luck), because conservatives already have plenty of places to gather and complain about the latest movies and TV shows. Also, it'd be nice to have the right not be so negative--the don't need to enhance their outsider status in pop culture, they need to turn it around.

I thought this Jonah Goldberg piece on Watchmen was interesting. I'm a huge fan of the comic, but I question if the film can work. Not because of its (sometimes lunatic) politics, and not because of the graphic quality. I just wonder if a feature length film is long enough to tell the story well--so much of the fun in Watchmen is the details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter