Tuesday, January 27, 2009

No Warning

The President has asked for and the Senate has agreed to a delay in the conversion to digital TV. I'm reminded of this dialogue from The Simpsons' "A Tale Of Two Springfields":

Homer: (writes "939" on hand) I hate this new area code. Like I don't have enough to remember already. (looks at his other hand, which has "Lenny = white, Carl = black") Don't you miss the old 636 (consults hand) Carl?

Carl: I'm not sure which one's better. The "6" is closer to the "3" so you got convenience there, but the "9" has less to do with Satan, which is a plus in this religious world of ours.

Homer: What really burns me up is they didn't give us one word of warning.

Carl: What do you mean? They ran those TV commercials about it, and that big radio campaign.

Lenny: Don't forget the leaflets they dropped from the Space Shuttle, and the two weeks we all spent at area code camp.

Homer: Not a single word of warning.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about "The Wackness"?

6:29 AM, January 27, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry-comment above meant to be to movie post. On the other hand I've seen lots of advertising about the switchover and while I understand rabbit ears will no longer be any good, I still couldn't tell what the hell is actually going on. Digital what excatly?

6:33 AM, January 27, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It means no matter how you get it, all TV information will be sent digitally from now on.

12:00 PM, January 28, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter