Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Pride Of Pajama's Place

TCM had Li'l Abner on earlier this week. Not particularly notable as a movie, it does, at least, capture on film most of the original Broadway version.

Anyway, I've noticed Instapundit (it always cracks me up when I link to Instapundit) has lately been using Li'l Abner's "The Country’s In The Very Best Of Hands" as a catch phrase, and others have picked up on it.

I don't know when this started, or where he got it, but let me just note we were calling attention to the song six months ago.

PS Powerline discusses the song a bit. They quote Professor Philip Furia on the contemporary success of the Li'l Abner musical. That's interesting, since years ago Furia and I exchanged letters (back when people wrote letters) on this precise subject.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter