Friday, March 20, 2009

So Say We All

Well, this is it, the final Battlestar Galactica tonight. I've had a lot of problems with this season. It would have been better if they compressed it into half as many episodes. But I'm still expecting greatness. When BG is on, there's nothing like it. And they've set up enough action and left open enough questions that I'm not sure if two-hours will be enough.

In any case, who would have thought a revival of a fairly silly show (if memory serves--never watched it regularly) could have ended up being such a powerful and well-observed series? They were able to transcend the original by taking the concept seriously and, without forgetting the hardware, make it about humans (even the Cylons). BG leaves in its wake more than a few memorable characters and indelible moments.

I don't know what I'll do without new BG. I'm thinking of holding off watching the finale until there's absolutely nothing else worth doing, but I don't think I could remain spoiler-free for long enough to make that pay off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter