Monday, June 22, 2009

Lately

So far I haven't been impressed with Conan in the Tonight Show slot. He's okay, but he was actually better at 12:30, when he didn't try so hard, and didn't round off his edges. Unfortunately, Letterman's been weak for a while, and I don't really watch Kimmel (who shoots about a mile from here).

Meanwhile, Conan's replacement, Jimmy Fallon, does nothing for me (same for Carson Daly, even after he's reconceptualized his show). Craig Ferguson has some talent, but he does about 40+ minutes of straight comedy, mostly by himself, before shoving his guests in at the end. Better to try for 20 quality minutes--hard enough to do--and save 40 for the guests.

Basically, what I'm saying is Late Night is dead to me. Why did I think Jay Leno leaving would make things better?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

MAybe we'll go back to movies made from two year old episodes of Mannix, Barnaby Jones and Matlock (and Hart to Hart)

Sadly, I might watch that if they put on Hawaii 5-0 too

5:31 AM, June 22, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter