Thursday, August 27, 2009

People Will See Me And Cry

I was walking down Hollywood Boulevard about six hours ago when I noticed a huge crowd ahead. Worse, the sidewalk was closed.

Since this was in front of the Chinese Theatre, I figured there's either some new footprints being set or it's a premiere. It was the latter.

I got to the other side of the road (where even more were gathered, but at least I could walk) and saw it was for All About Steve, the latest Sandra Bullock comedy. Every time someone came out of a limousine, people would scream. I didn't notice if Sandra or her costars were there yet as I moved along.

I don't think I'm jaded by having seen so many celebrities on the streets of LA, but really, is standing around just waiting to see them walk into a movie theatre such a big thrill?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe they were mostly tourists who never see celebrities. It is a pretty striking thing to suddenly see someone whom you've only seen on screen before.

11:30 AM, August 27, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

During the 2004 Dem Convention I joined a crowd on a traffic island outside a semi-hip restaurant (Radius) at lunch time- turned out it was to see Kevin Bacon leave.

No explaining these these things.

(On vacation entertaining family in Boston but will wade in soon on MA health care Teddy K's funerary rites- after I get through all the traffic)
NEG

12:18 PM, August 27, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter