Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Thicket

So now that the TV season is finally starting, I'm actually having to make choices. Last night, Heroes, House and The Big Bang Theory were all on at the same time.

Not that long ago, it would have meant watch one, tape one, wait for the rerun on the third. But now that it's so easy to watch any show any time you want, it makes me wonder why I watch anything during prime time.

By the way, I watched House. Too bad it wasn't an episode of House, but rather a two-hour movie called House In The Boobie Hatch. They try to mix things up on the show, but there was nothing wrong with the old direction, which I hope they'll soon return to.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Denver Guy said...

I had to DVR Big Bang and VCR Heroes (I don't watch House). I shose to watch/listen to the film commentary to Spiderman 3. I really like the freedom technology gives us! I was working on something that would preclude me from watching anything closely (thus, the Spiderman 3 commentary, which is more entertaining than the film was).

Tonight will be DVRing Flash Forward while VCRing Bones (I don't watch Bones anymore, but family does). I stopped watching Bones because I missed several episodes and lost track of what was going on. I tried to catch up on-line, but they don't keep more than 2 past episodes available on-line for Bones, so I dropped the show.

I wonder whether we will see the end of broadcast TV, substituted with complete on-demand service.

8:28 AM, September 22, 2009  
Blogger LAGuy said...

Heroes had disastrously low ratings. Looks like this'll be its last season.

10:10 AM, September 22, 2009  
Blogger New England Guy said...

It was great to get The Big Bang Theory back but you get the feeling they are trying a little too hard (hopefully, its was just a need for a big splash for the season opener). Also while mostly very funny (to me at least), they seemed to pile on a bit on some riffs.

But maybe I'll think differently the next 4 or 5 times they show this episode this year.

11:06 AM, September 22, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter