Wednesday, October 07, 2009

P:Smith

If you really want to know what's going on, you read the New York Post. For instance, here's a fascinating piece on Kevin Smith, "Pot smoking 'saved' Kevin Smith":

The king of stoner moviemakers, Kevin Smith, never really smoked much marijuana until Seth Rogen talked him into it last summer, he says. Now he sparks up at least three times a day and credits pot for helping him to dig his way out of a creative slump.

A sensational opening paragraph. Too bad they undercut it in the second:

Smith told The Post's Don Kaplan, "I know you're supposed to tell kids not to do drugs, but, kids, do it! Do weed! Don't do the other stuff, but weed is good . . . What you want to do is what I did, build a movie empire and, at age 38, smoke it all away."

I guess the headline was irresistible. Weirder, we get this:

Smith rode a wave of popularity in the early 1990s with movies like "Clerks" and "Chasing Amy." He later stumbled with a string of bombs like "Jersey Girl," and weed-centric "The Adventures of Bluntman and Chronic."

I'm not saying I've seen every little film Smith has directed, but I swear I'd remember if he ever made a film call The Adventures Of Bluntman And Chronic.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess he meant "Jay and Silent Bob"

12:31 PM, October 07, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, and George Lucas made that great film "Asteroid Battles"

12:43 PM, October 07, 2009  
Blogger New England Guy said...

Great titles-I'd go see either of those movies

3:41 PM, October 07, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page hit counter